Simple Roasted Radishes
Little did I know how good roasted radishes are. My good friend Jessica, who is also big into food prepping, introduced me to these bad boys while I was staying with her in Austin a couple of weeks ago and what can I say: they are BOMB. As for me, radishes always had to be eaten cold in a salad or as a snack with some sort of dip. However, especially if you are having a quite sensitive stomach (like me), eating them raw can easily be irritating to your gut. Roasting them makes them a lot more soothing, yet also brings out a totally different, kinda sweet and super tasty flavor.
Just season them, pop them in the oven, roast and enjoy them either hot as a side dish or cold as a topping for your green salad. And if you are like me and always used to throw away the greens, there is a solution for that, too: a creamy Green Radish Pesto, which is coming to you next week.
Stay tuned for that and enjoy!
(find German recipe below)
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 bunches small to medium radishes (about 20), trimmed and halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 150° C.
- Thoroughly wash radishes, remove greens (do not through it away, though – just set them aside for now) and cut into halves (or quarters depending on their size).
- Add radishes to a mixing bowl and combine with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread onto a lined baking sheet and bake for approx. 40 minutes until golden and crisp, tossing them about halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
WAS IHR BRAUCHT:
- 2 Bund kleine bis mittelgroße Radieschen (ca. 20)
- 2 EL Olivenöl
- 1 EL Balsamic Essig
- 2 Knoblauchzehen, gehackt
- Salz, nach Belieben
- Pfeffer, nach Belieben
- Den Ofen auf 150° C vorheizen.
- Die Radieschen gründlich waschen, Radieschengrün abschneiden (aber aufbewahren!) und halbieren (bzw. je nach Größe vierteln).
- Die Radieschen mit den restlichen Zutaten in einer großen Schüssel vermixen.
- Gleichmäßig auf einem mit Backpapier ausgelegten Backblech verteilen und für ca. 40 Minuten backen.
- Nach der Hälfte der Zeit, Radieschen wenden und weiterbacken bis das Gemüse von außen braun und knusprig und von innen schön zart ist.
- Aus dem Ofen nehmen et voilà!
I am Marie. Marketeer, Personal Trainer and Online Coach and just really passionate about creating healthy recipes and moving my body either during a spicy workout, nice run or a sassy hip hop dance through my apartment.
If you want to see more of what I am up to (or see me dance lol), feel free to follow me on Instagram.