Simple Roasted Radishes
healthy beetroot protein brownies
Not gonna lie: yes, beetroot brownies do sound kinda strange, however don’t judge until you haven’t tried them. As you may know I always try to incorporate some sort of veggies into my baked goods. Partly for sneaking in some micronutrients, but also because many veggies can perfectly substitute flour or sugar in terms of sweetness and consistency, leaving you with a healthier, yet not less flavorful option.
As I always like to have some sort of baked good on hand to put on top of my smoothie or yogurt bowls, this week I tried these beetroot protein brownies and let me tell you, they turned out pretty good. Super moist (because of the beetroot), chocolatey and so tasty to eat on its own or as I did this week: paired with coconut yogurt, frozen blueberries, shredded coconut and a big dollop of almond butter. The perfect light breakfast, afternoon snack or dessert.
Go give them a try and let me know what you think!
Find German recipe below.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 pre-steamed beetroots
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop (30g) chocolate protein powder such as my fav natural chocolate whey protein powder from Multipower
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 heaping tbsp raw cacao
- a dash sea salt
- (optional: 1 tsp sweetener of choice such as stevia, date syrup, coconut sugar, honey or agave)
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish and bake at 180° C for approx. 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!
WAS IHR BRAUCHT:
- 2 gekochte, eingeschweißte Rote Beete
- 1/2 geschnittene Zucchini
- 1 Ei
- 1 Scoop (30g) Whey Protein in der Geschmacksrichtung Schokolade wie z.B. mein current fav aus der Natural Line von Multipower
- 1 TL Backpulver
- 1 gehäufter EL Kakaopulver
- eine Prise Meersalz
- (optional: 1 TL Süße nach Wahl wie z.B. Stevia, Dattelsirup, Kokosblütenzucker, Honig oder Agavendicksaft)
- Den Ofen auf 180° C vorheizen.
- Alle Zutaten in einer Küchenmaschine oder Mixer kombinieren und zu einem Teig vermengen.
- Den Teig in eine gefettete Ofenform geben und bei 180° C für ca. 15-20 Minuten backen.
- Aus dem Ofen nehmen et voilà!
I am Marie. Marketeer, Personal Trainer and Online Coach and just really passionate about creating healthy recipes and moving my body either during a spicy workout, nice run or a sassy hip hop dance through my apartment.
If you want to see more of what I am up to (or see me dance lol), feel free to follow me on Instagram.